Re: New Toys

To: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: New Toys
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 98 10:58:49 -0500
On 2/13/98 9:32 PM so and so  Chris Delling said. (And I quote)

>Scott-
>
>No, my unit is very basic.  It has no provisions for any output.
>Basically, one line LED diaplay.  A typical message came from a 0-60 run I
>did on the way home this evening in my F*rd Contour.  The display flashed
><0-60>, then flashed <8.72 SEC>, and alternated back and forth between
>these lines of text until reset.  The other parameters are selected by
>different operating modes.  No memory, just one run, then reset to clear.
>
>Perhaps this explains the price differential.
>
>Regards,
>
>Chris
>
>(P.S. the 8.72 seconds was legit, just wish my little ol' B could match it!)

Back in my autoX days I wanted one. The one that was advertised then had
a RS232 output which could be output to just about everything - a printer
- a PC - a Mac - an Apple II - whatever. and cost about 3-400 bucks.
Sounds like you got a good deal (didn't even have to pay for it ;-)  )

Larry Macy
78 Midget