Re: Shocks

To: sportscar@3-cities.com
Subject: Re: Shocks
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 16:15:40 EST
Mike,
  I did the tube shock conversion on the front about 3 years ago, using a
Moss kit.
 The Monroe shocks that came with this kit are a bit on the stiff side,
for most folks, but I seem to remember the list came up with some
alternative shocks that apparently were a little less so. For me, though,
they worked well. The front end control has a much better feel to it than
with  the levers, and I find the initial turn in on a corner is somewhat
more crisp. The "harsher" shocks do make for a stiffer ride but it's a
compromise I, personaly, am comfortable with.
  I converted my rear to tubes via the details posted on the list (Sorry
guys, I can't for the life of me remember who originated the post) about
3 weeks ago. So far, I've nothing but good things to say. Possibly my
levers were not in as good a shape as originaly thought, but it seems now
that the rear end stays on the ground much better over the bumpy bits.
Before it semed to be "unloading" the wheels at times. Again wheel
control is improved, albeit at a small price of a bit stiffer ride, which
I can live with.
 In both cases, the modifications involved no welding or cutting of
original components, so changing back to levers would present no
problems. But I don't forsee me doing that.
 As usual, YMMV

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:02:42 -0800 Mike and Suzanne Russcher
<sportscar@3-cities.com> writes:
>Hi,
>I am in the process of a suspension overhaul on my 68 B.
>I am considering a tube shock conversion front and rear.
>Has anyone been through this and how did it turn out?
>
>                                Thanks in advance,
>                                                           Mike
>Russcher

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]