RE: clutch cable problem?

To: "Scott Miller (MSNA)" <scottmi@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: RE: clutch cable problem?
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 11:21:36 -0800 (PST)
At 10:50 AM 2/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
>ah yes, important info missing: 1974 MGB

Scott,

Your clutch is hydraulic (= no cable).  Sounds to me as though your master
cylinder is leaking/empty.  Check the fluid level ASAP. Do this before you
drive home! It's right next to your brake master cylinder; back of the
engine compartment, drivers side. Top both up and check regularly.
Unfortunately if your master cylinder level has dropped that far you may
have pumped air into the system and the only solution is to bleed it out.
This might be a good time to check both master and slave cylinders and to
change the fluid ( if the fluid hasn't already changed itself).

Good luck
Cheers, eh!
  Ross
  `66 GT & `47 TC