Re: Soliciting Opinions... again!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Soliciting Opinions... again!
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 98 08:37:10 PST
Benjamin Ruset wrote:

>I. Convertable Tops:
>
>Should I go with the Robbins or Crown top? What about the ones Moss sells -
>those cabriolet tops? Any good? Anything with a glass or hard window in the
>back?

They all leak.  They all tear.  I always get one with a zip out
rear window, so I have at least some chance of seeing out the
back with the top up.

>II. Tires
>
>I'm looking for a nice low-profile tire for my 78 B. I'm looking to
>decrease ride hight by at about 1" - anyone have any suggestions / brands?

Yokohama A509.  Nice tyre for the money.  Mail order 185/60-14s run
about $60 or so.  We run this tyre for street/autocross on cars that
we haven't budgeted for good autox stickies.  Nice street tyre, lotsa
grip, good in the wet.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/