Crankcase ventilation

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crankcase ventilation
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:53:32 -0500
After seeing the thread on leaking tappet covers, and the suggestion of one
lister to check out British Automotive's website, I decided to shell out
the bucks for the one piece tappet cover.  I have never had success in
getting the S.O.B.'s to seal well.

Doug Jackson, who designs and build this thing, recommends eliminating the
breather on the side cover, and adding a fitting to the backside of the
valve cover for ventilation.

I have also gotten conflicting advise about this.  Anybody have any ideas
as to whether or not venting combustion chamber gasses at the valve cover
is acceptable practice?

Regards,

Chris Delling