Re: Jingoism at its best

To: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Subject: Re: Jingoism at its best
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 23:57:51 -0500
Rick,

I wholeheartedly agree!!  Real football is that which is played by
millions of high school kids across the country every weekend, not in
some domed stadium, but in the rain and the cold and the mud and the
snow.  Those kids play their hearts out every week for the love of the
game, not for an over-sized paycheck - you know, the way the AFL was
ages ago, when players barely made a living.  There is team loyalty and
comaraderie, and the kids consider it a priveledge to play - NOT SO in
the NFL.  If you want to see athletes give all they've got, you will at
a high school football game.

BTW, I'm still waiting for one of our Canadian friends to tell us which
CFL team they think is capable of beating the Denver Broncos (keeping in
mind that Doug Flutie is now a Buffalo Bill and no longer in the CFL).

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort