rebuilt engines???

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rebuilt engines???
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 22:24:40 -0400
howdy,

I posed this question to the spridgets list and didn't get much in the way
of a response, so I'll give it a try here.

I'm looking for a rebuilt engine for my 1969 Midget. The reason I'm looking
for a rebuilt, is that the estimates that I have gotten for rebuilding my
current engine exceed the cost of buying an already rebuilt unit, and
unlike a rebuilt engine, the price of rebuilding seems to have no ceiling
on it. It all depends on "what we find when we get in there."

So here are some prices I've gotten for rebuilt 1275s:

Motorhead Ltd: $2750 -- 12 month warranty
Mini Mania: $1495 - (on sale now) -- 12 month warranty
British Forum $ 1415 -- 6 month warranty

I'd like to know if anyone has bought an engine from any of these suppliers
and if so what is your impression of the engine you bought. I'm trying to
avoid making an expensive mistake, so any help or feedback would be very
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC