Bloody Bleedin' Brakes and Bleeding Them (on a B)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bloody Bleedin' Brakes and Bleeding Them (on a B)
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:17:26 -0600
Ok Listers,
Since we've been talking of wheel cylinders and hub installations...
I'm starting to feel foolish, and thought I would share it with the rest of
you.
I've done got the hubs on...the "endfloat" thing had me thoroughly
perplexed, so I put in the same shims and voila, they seem ok (no binding,
no play) but I'm going to probably pull the hubs again after a few miles,
check and reinstall just to make sure.
All $200 worth of new brake parts are installed on the B, and everything
seems to be working fine.
EXCEPT
I've bled the system (I think, no bubbles), but I'm still not getting a good
hard pedal feel. No air out of all four valves when bled, but still squishy
and wrong.
Am I bleeding incorrectly?
Is my M/C done for?
If so, what's a fool proof way to confirm both (if I haven't already)?
Help!
TIA

Dan
'73 B