Re: Cows??? [WAS] Re: B Bonnet, Aluminum vs. Steel

To: "Benjamin Ruset" <bruset@monmouth.com>, "Kelvin Dodd" <kdodd@West.net>
Subject: Re: Cows??? [WAS] Re: B Bonnet, Aluminum vs. Steel
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 10:30:23 -0500
>>significant drawbacks except for perhaps attracting cows.=A0
>>
>>regards=A0=A0 Kelvin.
>>
>>cow crushed 65 MGB
>
>no way did you hit a cow with your B?!?!?!
>

>BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
>Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis

Well maybe he didn't but I did. Long about the Summer of 81 or so (When
you was just a young whippersnapper Ben) We was a cruisin' home from a
great weekend at the lake with my family, in the 75 Midget, when I spied
a lonely back road. Well never one to let a lonely back road stay lonely
we headed that a-way. After about 20 or 30 miles, we topped a hill and on
the other side were about 12 -15 cows strolling along the right side of
the road. Well, as I recall we was doin' 'bout 40 when I spied them. So i
gots on the Ol' Binders and sorta sauntered over towards the left. Both
sides was lined with corn about 4-5' high. Well, wouldn't you know it but
one them ol' fat f*$#ers decided (s)he wante to stroll 'longst the other
side. S'pose you can see this one a comin, now cain't ya. Wel I was doin
about 0mph when the rubber bumper sotra like tripped that bad boy and he
just kinda rolled up the bonnet and agin the windscreen. Rolled right
off, ran off inta the corn, turned round a moo'in at me like it was my
fault. Lost the left side mirror, the left headlight, wing and all, and
the aluminium windscreen frame and glass. Jus' about then the ol farmer
drives up and says he's a goin sue 'cuz its my fault. Drove the poor ol'
wounded Midget home called the cops to report it and my insurance agent
(had full coverage at the time).

Turns out the farmer had been sited a couple of times fur lettin' his
milk machines outta the pasture and the Cows insurance paid for all the
repairs.

And that's the story of how I once owned a cow-vertible.

Larry macy
78 Midget