Re: Frozen vacuum unit on dizzy

To: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca
Subject: Re: Frozen vacuum unit on dizzy
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 19:14:11 EST
Eric,
  If the dizzy in the A is a 25D, then the operation is very simple.
 Remove distributor from car (this makes all the rest EASY!)
 Look at the dist. from the top. opposite the vacuum chamber is the
vernier adjustment wheel. It is retained from being screwed all the way
off by a small circlip on the end of the shaft. Pry off the clip and
unscrew the wheel completely. Watch for a small C shaped spring steel
piece that rubs the wheel knurls. It sometimes will fall out.
 Unhook the V/Advance operating rod (looks like a tightly wound spring )
from the point plate. Pull the V/A unit out.
 Installation is the reverse of disassembly (to coin a phrase)
 Hope this helps
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget
On Sat, 28 Feb 1998 14:05:35 -0500 (EST) bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric
R. Stephen) writes:
>***********************************
>Spring is springing and all my thoughts turn to the "A".  The
>replacement
>vacuum unit for the dizzy has arrived and is crying to be installed.
>Is
>this a difficult operation?  Is there anyone on the list that is
>willing
>to send me some reasonably detailed instructions on the operation?
>
>Thanks in advance, Eric
>
>--
>         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all
>things;
>      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;
><---ooO---(_)---Ooo---> It liveth and conquereth for ever more.
>1960 MGA Roadster       The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt
>marvel.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]