Stupidity? Probably. I bought a 69 BGT.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stupidity? Probably. I bought a 69 BGT.
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 13:41:26 -0500
Well, I rushed out before the emails came in with the answer to my question
and bought the car.

So, now I am the proud owner of two MGs.

Since this is essentially a parts car, how interchangable are the mechanics
between my 78 Roadster and the 69 BGT?

I'm also thinking of taking the seats from the GT and installing them in my
roadster. IF the car has OD, how easy is it to swap it out into my
roadster? Can I take the springs out and install them in my RB roadster to
lower it?

I'll probably end up parting out the thing after I am done. The car has 56k
miles on it, and I would *love* to restore it, but it would take a LOT more
than my roadster is going to.

Is there anything I can remove from the GTs engine to put on my Roadster to
improve HP? The 69 is lacking in emissions, I believe.

BEN RUSET
Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis