Points and condenser

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Points and condenser
From: "David Stecher" <davidandmichelles@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 15:34:00 -0600
I would like to replace the points and condenser and do a good inspection of
the distributor.  I know theese are pretty easy jobs but becase of a wrist
problem and the angle of the distributor it is not as easy for me.  What
would happen if I pulled the distributor so I can do this on the bench?  In
the haynes manual is says " Remove the distributor body clamp plate bolts
and remove distributor.  If it is removed without the clamp being loosened
from the body, the timing will not be lost."  I'm confused.  Is the clamp
part of the distributor?  Where are theese bolts?  Haynes shows no picture.
Sorry such a simple question.  Thanks for all your help.

David STecher