More Stupid Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Stupid Questions
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 11:17:10 -0500
Okay, yesterday I looked under the car and couldn't find the OD, but then
again, I wasn't exactly sure of what to look for. Also, the car was in a
pebbled driveway, so the weight of the car made it sink, making it very
hard for me to look up and under far enough.

Isn't there an indicator light that comes on when OD is engaged? There's a
lot of weird lights in this car:

Sitting in the drivers seat, there's a rectangular plate with a red lens in
it. Then a turn signal, then three lenses, all look to be cut like jewels
(they have facets), then another turn signal. If I had my Moss catalog
handy, I'd look it up myself. What's all this stuff do?

Second, the PO has installed a wood rimmed wheel. I'd like to take it out
and install it in my 78. Problem is, I need a center cap, the finish on the
wood is flaking off (no big deal), and the chrome in the center is pitted.
I'm leaning towards sanding the chrome and painting it flat black - I'd
like a graphite sort of look. Will this wheel fit on my 78? For point of
reference, the car with the wheel is a 69 BGT.

Third, I'm still looking for a trunk lid for my 78. Email me your offers.

Fourth (heh), on my 78, the car makes an odd noise. At idle with the clutch
in, it makes a low whining noise. With the clutch out (meaning depressed)
the noise goes away. The car seems to shift gears fine, and the clutch
pedal seems to have a good feel to it. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

BEN RUSET
Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis