Re: MGA Rear Wheel Bearing Q's -Reply

To: MLAMBDIN@TOE.TOWSON.EDU
Subject: Re: MGA Rear Wheel Bearing Q's -Reply
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 17:11:10 -0600
Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  You are right, of course.  If I don't replace the
bearings I will never trust them.  My plan this year is to prepare the A
for reliable long distance cruising.  I have lived through the hell of
loosing a rear wheel bearing on the open road and would rather avoid doing
so again.

The good news is that the axles are in good shape.  There is very little
wear on the splines and no twisting to be seen.  I guess that is what
happens when you run 1588 cc's of raw power through 1" axles.

I just noticed that I had misspelled "bearing" on the original post's
subject line.  I hang my head for this affront to all MGA custodians :-(
Any more slips like that and I'll have to buy a Tr**mph.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA presently 2 wheels short of a full load