Re: Stuck pistons

To: Alan Lott <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Subject: Re: Stuck pistons
From: code5 <code5@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 21:59:12 -0500
Alan Lott wrote:

> >Hello again from the Road Salt State--
> >My pistons are frozen solid. I've managed to get two out using, a chunk
> >of firewood, some oak drifts and a 6# sledge and only hope I haven't...
>
> You might try letting a lump of dry ice sit on the piston before pushing on
> it. Be careful about whacking it too hard when its that cold though ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> Alan Lott
>
> 1971 MGB
Alan-
Glad to hear someone else suggest dry ice--I've been contemplating that
coupled with a heat gun on the outside of the jugs, where accessible.
Hadn't done it yet because it just seemed kind of "scientific", if you
know what I mean.  Hammers and chunks of wood, I understand and trust. I
think I'll try it.
Thanks for the tip.
John Vallely
'59 mga