electrical problem ...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: electrical problem ...
From: danny <Ldanny@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 21:35:43 -0800
hello again!

First, thanks for all the emails! I really have a plan on what to do now!

The overally consensus was..

1) Get a Haynes manuel
2) Get new points, condensor

So when I get paid on saturday I'll place my order with Moss, I have their
catalog and the price is fair enuff, about 25 bucks for the two.

I got lots of advice saying I probably fried the points the day listening to
the radio when I first got it (doH!)  I'm having trouble though, checking if
the problem is b4 the points or afterwards... I'm having trouble finding the
points, are they inside the distributor cap? Those 4 shiny silver screw-like
objects or would they still be attached to the main distributor after I take
the cap off?  I've been told to take the main wire and place it near some
metal, does that mean I have to take it off the distributor cap??  Some really
__BASIC___ instructions would be very appreciated!!! THANKS!

-danny

--I'll write some more after I get the manuel and parts from moss!