BMC BOOKS

To: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: BMC BOOKS
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 23:53:51 -0800
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 20:37:11 -0800
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
To: Triumph News Group <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRIUMPH BOOKS -- but not Manuals

Hi all...

In my searches for manuals... I have come across two very good stores
that specialize in NEW books for cars.  Neither had manuals for
Triumphs, but they did carry a lot, if not all, of the books ABOUT
Triumphs.

The first, is

Heritage Classics Motorbooks
8968 Santa Monica Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA   90069

310-657-5278
310-657-5276 FAX

This store was the smaller of the two, but had the best selection for
Triumphs.  Not only did they have most of the books I am aware of (that
are in print), but they had more than one of each... (so stock is
good!)

Autobooks
3524 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA

818-845-0707
213-849-1294

This store was bigger... and had a great selection of books on Aviation,
in addition to Automobiles.

I know there are a number a mail-order methods of buying books about
Triumphs.  Personally, I've always liked the idea of calling a store,
where you're mostly likely speaking to one of the owners... and when you
request a book... he can glance across the room and tell you exactly
what he has in stock...  and even describe the book to you... RATHER
THAN... talking to a mail-order operator that's sitting in front of a
computer.

I spoke with both store's owners.... VERY FRIENDLY, outgoing people.

If you do make a purchase from them, do mention how you were referred...
my thought here is... that, maybe, if they start to see a trend of
referrals from the newsgroup... that maybe they'll offer us a discount
in the future... etc...

--Justin
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner
Los Angeles