Was: Happy Days, Now: LBCs in Argentina

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Was: Happy Days, Now: LBCs in Argentina
From: palte@rt.el.utwente.nl (Bert Palte)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 98 15:34:47 +0100
Charley wrote:

>This has nothing to do with LBCs but you post rings a bell with me
>because I have long been searching for a history of the American
>Revolution, written from the British point of view.  Perhaps some of our
>UK friend can make suggestions.
>--

Hmmm. that might be interesting....

On a similar subject, only a few days ago,  when I was on holiday in Italy,
 I met a young guy from Argentina who gave me a totally
other idea of the Falklands war (aka First Malvinas Operation,
the war between Britain and Argentina in 1982 over a few small islands
before the Argentine Coast) than what I remember from the newsmedia then.
BTW the  Argentine capital Buenos Aires is full of memorials of the
Falklands war!

LBC content: One of the most popular car models you see there
(= Buenos Aires, at least when I was there, in 1992) is
BRITISH!  (Hillman=Sunbeam Avenger, locally made, now under
the name Volkswagen 1500 Duna; can you imagine that?)

Bert