Re: O.T. Pre-MG history

To: danray@bluegrass.net
Subject: Re: O.T. Pre-MG history
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 19:06:44 EST
Hi Dan,
  He said it before Yorktown. He actually said it before the move by the
Regulars to capture shot and powder in Massachusetts, before "the
midnight ride of Paul Revere". PR, by the way, was French, and arrived at
age 10 in the Mass. Colony.
  Pick up Barbara Tuchman's  March of Folly at the library. It has the
best, short summary of the British side's ideas and situation.  We
colonists must keep in mind that Britain was engaged in a continental war
at the time that we started to kick up a fuss. To us it was 100%; to
Mother England it was not.
  Tuchman is an insightful writer. Through a Distant Mirror is another
good read, this about the consolidation of France in the 14th century.
  I'm ready for a beer, any time. What events are you planning to attend
this year?
Bob