Re: Waxoyl / underbody coating

To: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Subject: Re: Waxoyl / underbody coating
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 12:19:37 +0000
Tyson Sherman wrote:

> Hello again list.
>
> This has been discussed here in the past, I believe, and I think I'm
> ready to do it on my 76 B.  I've heard of certain body panels to drill
> into and inject with waxoyl or similar, so I really need the whole
> procedure (where to drill, inject, spray).  I have heard to use spray-on
> rubberized undercoating for the body panels and floors.  But, should I
> remove the old unercoating first, or should I spray over the old.  It's
> mostly there, but has flaked off in some places.  There is no salt where
> I live (Mississippi) so I'm mostly concerned with protecting the car
> when I drive it in the rain.  Thanks,
>
> --
> Tyson Sherman
> http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman

Tyson - Porter devotes several pages to this subject.  On underseal, personally
I do
not like the rubberised stuff.  It cracks with body flexing which lets in
moisture
which the underseal then holds in contact with the body, it 'never' dries out.
I use
Finigans Underbody Seal (same stable as Waxoyl) which remains tacky.

PaulH.