The same coil question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The same coil question
From: Dave Streeter <streeter_d@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 12:52:43 -0500
Sorry, but I seem to have accidentally thrown away the response to my
question about the Lucas sport coil. Therefore I'm re-posting it hoping
to get a similar response again.

I'm thinking of using a Lucas sport high output coil in my 80 B. The
info in the catalogs tells me that the ballast resistor must be
removed.  Where do I find this beast? I have the standard electronic
ignition mounted to the fenderwell but I don't see anything between the
existing coil and the electronic ignition box. Is it inside? What does
it look like? Any help will be greatly appreciated
Dave

'80 MGB LE
'73 MGB