MGB Engine Noise

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Engine Noise
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 23:02:03 EST
Well, I think my B is running well. But I 'm wondering how much valve noise it
should make. The valve noise is considerably less than my old TD but is still
audible. (I was kind of expecting no valve noise at all, but maybe that only
holds for hydraulic valves.)

Also I'm getting a little pinging. Is this normal? Should I retard the timing
until there is absolutely no pinging under any condition?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336