source for weber carbs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: source for weber carbs
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:07:39 -0500 (EST)
I have been away from the list for the last 8-10 months, it was simply
overwhelming me.  So sorry if this was just discussed.

Where can I get the best deal(with service) on a Weber DGV for my 1974 chrome
bumber MGB.  It actually has a 72 motor.  I think I have the right
designation, DGV.
I want a reliable, single carb for street driving that I can set up and forget
about.  Not worried about the slight performance I may be giving up by
abandoning the dual SU's. I know there are better prices than Moss, Brit Vic,
TRF, etc.  Need the whole package, intake manifold, air cleaner, etc.

Also, are there any kits for installing a GM single wire alternator.  I have
seen postings that describe the various brackets that you need to make for this
change over, but the car has been in the restoration phase much too long (6
years), I need it on the road (family pressure) and have limited time to
devote to it.

One more question.  Is there a way to tell if I have the distributor turned 180
degrees?  the car came with the distributor in a box and I don't know if I know
have it in right.

This list was always good to me in the past, please don't fail me now.
Thanks