Steering wheel restoration

Subject: Steering wheel restoration
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 98 19:23:50 -0800
Yesterday, I stripped and repainted the hub of my banjo wheel.  The old
paint was pretty chipped up, so it had to be stripped down to bare metal.
 Instead of sanding or wire brushing, I used Jasco paint stripper I
picked up at Home Depot.  I don't know if the wheel will suffer any ill
effects in the future, but I've never seen a paint stripper work so fast.
Sure beats elbow grease.  Then I masked off the chrome bits and gave it a
couple of coats of primer followed by a top coat.  A few days for the
paint to harden and I'll polish up the rim and spokes and put it into the
car.  This is going so smoothly, I think I'll repaint the car next. ;)

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.

Joseph
67 B Roadster