Re: Tranny probs

To: "D. Vogt" <derekv@ccco.net>
Subject: Re: Tranny probs
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:16:55 -0500
D. Vogt wrote:

> Every gear in my tranny grinds like mad "exp 4'th" i have changed the
> oil, bled the lines and nuthing. also my speedo stoped working and i
> have traced the problem back to the tranny again, this car will be the
> death of me.  Heeelllpp.

  Either way it's a bad scene.

  I have forgotten what kind of car you own, but I'll throw this
out. A friend of mine's TR6 did this spectacularily, every gear sounding
like shreiking death except fourth.

  In the TR6 box, fourth gear is on the other side of a divider,
I don't have a manual here but it's seperated from the others
by some other gearbox components.

  Anyways, to make the story short, some needle bearings had
blown out and were being chewed to bits in the front three
gears, but not in 4th because they hadn't propagated "back
there".

  Strip it down, it's a bad problem any way you look at it.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada