Re: All in a day's work, but still rich.

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: All in a day's work, but still rich.
From: Charley Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 00:48:23 -0800
Sounds just like my `69 when I got it.  I had the jet on the rear
carb  so far in that the jet piston was resting on it.  Since the float
height was OK and the float valves didn't leak, the rich running had to
be in the needle/jet assy.  I have some spare carbs so I replaced the
rear needle/jet with less worn ones.  Runs better now but they'll never
be right until I replace the butterfly shafts and bushings.

  The upshot of all this long-windedness: sounds like your jets/needles
are worn out if the float heights are OK and the float valves aren't
leaking.
--

   Charley Robinson           <ccrobins@ktc.com>
    `69 B