Re: '75 MG Midget

To: MG_mailing_list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: '75 MG Midget
From: "Quirt, Dave" <quirt@src.sk.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:59:00 -0600
Keith Wheeler has noted that sub-$1000 Spit****s, Midgets, and Sprites are
not uncommon.  His example of a $200 rust-free, Weber-carburated Midget with
a rebuilt engine may not be unusual in his area -  but it sure is in my area
where it could easily go for >$2000CDN ($1400US).  At least in my region
(the Canadian Prairies), ANY British car which even just rolls, let alone
runs, will be advertised for $500 to $1000 with a rusty running Midget
typically being sold for at least $1000 if not $1500.  The problem here is
the Law of Supply and Demand - we have (relatively) lots of demand coupled
with a very low supply of rust-free (ha, what's that) examples.  British car
fans up here just grind our teeth whenever someone throws these CHEAP prices
around - please have some sympathy and sensitivity for us!!!

Dave Q.
Neuhorst, Saskatchewan, Canada
59 MGA Twin-Cam - rust-free but from Oregon
57 MGA coupe - very rusty and very Canadian