Another (short) IOOOF story

To: MG_mailing_list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Another (short) IOOOF story
From: "Quirt, Dave" <quirt@src.sk.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:09:00 -0600
Scott McKorkle's Sunbeam + teenager story reminds me of a very similar
incident with my TR3A  when I was 20.  The difference was that I was PUSHING
the car down the driveway at my parents house when the TR's driver's door
opened by itself (blasted gravity).  Unfortunately, I was pushing from the
passenger's side and didn't notice the open door until AFTER I began to
wonder why the car was suddenly too hard to push.  That's right, the open
door had hooked on the bumper of my fathers full-size Oldsmobile and was now
resting snugly against the front fender of the TR.  Luckily the door post
was OK but I had to find 2 hinges real quickly.  The door itself was
structurally OK but had a fender-induced dent/deep crease about 2 inches
deep from near the top to near the bottom of the door skin.  At 20 years
old, I just did a quick pull-out and filled the remaining dent with bondo.
The only up-side to this incident was that the door then closed heavily and
firmly and sounded like one from a Merc**es.

Only one among a lot of other relatively mindless car incidents which
occurred between ages 15 and ...

Dave Q.