Re: Brake Warning Lamp

To: ame@synaptics.com
Subject: Re: Brake Warning Lamp
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:20:46 EST
Hi Andy,
  The purpose of the lamp is to let you know if one section of the
two-section brake system becomes inoperative.   If that happens, the
pressure on one side of the (missing) switch would be 0 and the other
side would be full brake fluid pressure. Only the section with full
pressure will have working brakes.
  It's your choice now as to the value of the switch.
  Speaking as one who has lost the brakes twice on a TD, which does not
have the dual section arrangment, I would reinstall the switch.
Bob