Thanks for advice on 1600 rebuild

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thanks for advice on 1600 rebuild
From: code5 <code5@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:06:16 -0500
Hello--
I've gotten lots of help in response to my earlier request for advice on
rebuilding & modifying my 1600 engine. I want to thank all those who
replied-- Larry Unger and others.
The consensus seems to be not to 'reinvent the wheel', and either switch
to an 1800 or make the upgrades to my 1600 that MG did--later head,
higher compression via flat pistons, and maybe an additional changes in
the cam, valves and ports.
I've learned some useful things--including the fact that I have some
homework to do before I make a firm plan. Thanks again.
John Vallely