Re: brake fluid on the carpet mats?

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>,
Subject: Re: brake fluid on the carpet mats?
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:59:08 -0800 (PST) (21:59 UT)
>Uh, all excellent advice Philippe, but I think you are getting your
 "Tin-tin" and "Milou" confused.  The MGA has only one master cylinder
<with one reservoir serving both the clutch and the brake.  It doesn't

 Well, I guess that confirms my standing in the IOOFs!  I confess,
I rebuilt Milou seven years ago and I was projecting Tintin onto the
setup.  AArrrggghhh.

 But I have encountered the dreaded 'wet heel' in Tintin, never in Milou.
It sounds like your rebuild may have been botched. At risk of flaunting
my poor memory again, can you pry the rubber caps off the end of the
master cylinder(s) to see if there is any fluid in there?   Another
possibility is that the lines were not tightly fastened to the cylinder,
and you're losing a little each time you brake (or clutch).

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*