LBCC Meeting Experience

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: LBCC Meeting Experience
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 18:15:51 -0600
That's the Louisville British Car Club meeting.
I went to the "local" club meeting for the first time last night and thought
I'd share a bit with ya'll.
Well, as expected, OFs outnumbered, well, me, about 50 to 1! But they were a
very friendly bunch. They seemed to be thrilled to have me as a new member,
I may just be the youngest member (30), I dunno yet.
Its very interesting to have all the forms of LBC owners in one place. At my
table with the "leaders", (the executive branch or head table, I guess), the
guy to the left has a TR4 and the guy to the right has a '52 MGTD. The lady
across has an MGA and her hubby has 3 Jags. The "class clown" of the bunch
has a Healey, as could be expected.
The highlight was meeting a guy, (I can't remember his name right now, due
to all the handshaking going on) who still owns the '49 TC he RACED in '49!
Original owner, and bragging about his SCCA award for being a 50 year
member! Now how cool is that? Not to mention his IOOOF ranking...
It was fun to feel young again and to see the looks of shock when I came to
sit down amongst them. Hell, I felt like a BABY. I had two offers (one from
the aforementioned super stud) to come and "check out" the MGT's, and that's
like, very cool for me since I've never even touched one!
Time to inject some young blood in an aging club crowd, I reckon!

Dan
'73 B