Steering Gearbox - Lubrication

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering Gearbox - Lubrication
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 20:20:52 -0500 (EST)
***********************************
List Persons:

My MGA Workshop Manual, in describing the method for lubricating the
steering gearbox, states ""Give the gearbox nipples 15 strokes only, and
the pinion nipple 5 strokes only at a time, with a gun filled with oil."
This is an oil and I'm at a bit of a loss in tring to figure out what type
of "gun" is used here htat still employes a standard "grease gun" female
attachment.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  This might even
help me with the draining and refilling of the differential that is soon
coming up.

Up to my a** in fresh new snow in Ottawa (enough already),
Eric

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;