RE: MGA Timing Cover

To: "'gbaker@customcpu.com'" <gbaker@customcpu.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: MGA Timing Cover
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 07:52:13 -0500
Gregg Baker wrote:

> Which year MGB do I get a timing cover for use
> on my MGA which will have the timing marks in
> the right place?  I understand if I get the
> wrong year (late model?)the marks will be in the
> wrong position.

I got mine from an MGB 3-main engine ... the
timing marks need to be on the bottom.  If you
hold the timing cover so that the MOWOG stamp is
horizontal ... the correct cover will have the
timing marks at about 5:30 ... the later covers
have the timing marks at about 9:00.

FYI ... I saw several of the correct covers, for
a very reasonable price, at Carlisle last year.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger
'61 MGA 1600 MkII