Re: Moving to California!

To: Philip Morgan <padre@billman.kuntrynet.com>
Subject: Re: Moving to California!
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:08:30 -0800 (PST)
AFAIK, In 5 years it shouldn't be a problem due to the rolling exemption
from smog examination on cars >30yrs old. However, I don't know how kindly
the smog cops will take to bringing old cars into the state. I would
definately check with someone who's tried to do this first.

 On Fri, 20 Mar
1998, Philip Morgan wrote:

=%OThis is a hypothetical question at this stage, but it may become reality
=%Oin the not too distant future. I have a 1975 and a 1974 1/2 MGB. Both
=%Ocars have had the air pump and other emissions control stuff removed. Do
=%OI have to put all that "good" stuff back on before I can take the cars to
=%OCalifornia? What other problems may be encountered if I choose to keep
=%Othe cars and re-locate in California?
=%O
=%ORegards Philip
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II