Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #1089 Mon Mar 23 02:05:00 MST

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #1089 Mon Mar 23 02:05:00 MST
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:05:25 -0800
About 15 years ago, I bought an Easy Bleed kit. I could not get it to work:
fluid all over the place (of course I was using it on an Alfa Romeo, so
that may explain the problem).

However, a month or so back, I needed to use it again. Lowering the
pressure in  my pressure source (actually, I had to blow up my spare tyre
to get any pressure at all) and checking for a good seal ( garden hose seal
fitted my MGA's master cylinder very well), I found it a very easy and
effective tool. Bleeding the brakes was a snap! I would recommend it!

Simon

At 02:05 AM 3/23/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 16:42:35 -0500
>From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
>Subject: RE:
>
>On 3/20/98 5:24 PM so and so  RossOvercash said. (And I quote)
>
>>On bleeding the system I recommend investing in a Migthy Vac.  It is
>>invaluable for bleeding brake lines and the hydraulics of the clutch.  You
>>should be able to pick one up at a Bradlees or Caldor for around 29.95.
>>
>>Good Luck
>>
>>Safety Fast !!!
>>
>>Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer MA
>>http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca/index.htm
>
>Ross, Ross, Ross
>If one has a ShopVac (TS if you do not) One can use a film canister, some
>rubber hose, and some judicious cutting to perform the same job.
>
>Larry Macy
>78 Midget

---
Simon Matthews