Re: Battery Box Liner (a stupid question)

To: k7wf@kalama.com
Subject: Re: Battery Box Liner (a stupid question)
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 01:40:35 +0000
> Yes, you DO have to punch holes for the battery cables. They have
> to be large enough for the cable ends to fit through.
> Most of us have the largest battery possible that will fit in our
> MG's and I found that the battery liner is not large enough to
> accomodate a group 26 battery. The liner is shaped so that the
> group 26 battery will not go all the way to the bottom.
> Of course, I found this out AFTER I had made the holes for the
> cables !!
> Cheerio, Stuart....'79MGB (with the top down)

An alternative is to make the holes just large enough for the cables,
and THEN attach the clamps to the wires AFTER running them through
the battery box.  You could also grommet the holes that you drill in
the liner.  This is mostly for looks and weatherproofing, since
abrasion wouldn't be a big problem with a plastic battery box.
Scott