Voltage Regulator Problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Voltage Regulator Problem
From: Carl Mole <C.Mole@tees.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:44:23 +0000 (GMT)
1978 MGB GT

The problem was that the fuel gauge was not working at all
, temperature gauge erratic.

Replaced the Voltage regulator , now the fuel gauge only
registers half way (fuel tank full) temperature gauge works
fine.
But remove regulator from bulkhead (not earthed) and fuel
gauge works fine , temperature gauge goes into the red!

I've followed the installation instructions to the letter
for the regulator - terminals uppermost and no more that 20
degrees from the vertical!!! (is this relevent - I've tried
turning it around with the same results).

Any ideas?????

Carl Mole
C.Mole@tees.ac.uk