Tire Question - Again

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tire Question - Again
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 18:31:38 -0600
Not to stir up anything, but can I get a consensus (if there is such a thing
on the list, hehe) on a good size, maybe a tad wider, but COMMON to most
tire stores?
I know this subject has been beaten into the ground, and I actually saved
the good stuff this time.
I've got the tire chart sent out last month -- invaluable. Thanks to Bob or
whoever did the research.
I looked at the 185/60-14 (which IS common) and it just looks like that's
gonna be a tight fit, but the wide tread is good, if it does!
I'm discovering that a "dream buy" B that's been sitting in a garage for 14
years means that ALL the rubber is weak! (Duh)
My B has 165SR14's ("Dunhill"s, never heard of 'em) good tread, but the
rubber is tired and cracked.
So now I'm shopping for tires after a mysterious flat in the driveway that
is now holding air! Very bad since I'm also shopping for one cheap Rostyle
locally, if I can find it, because the boot is empty.

Anyone that wants the tire spec chart and missed it just email privately.
TIA

Dan
'73 B