Refrence: Weber carbs

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Refrence: Weber carbs
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@datastar.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 20:19:41 -0600
Well, mjb made a point about all you flints not being focused, so now I
have to prove that I am focused (disreagrd previos postings about mercedes
benz commercials).

To the gentleman with the Weber problems, you really have no problem at
all.  If it is legal to do so in your area, remove the air pump, plug the
ports in the head with 7/16" allen screws, and run a heater hose from the
tappet cover to the air cleaner on your weber.

Resist, at all costs, the impulse to use the port on the intake manifold to
scavenge the crankcase.  It sucks oil into the engine and creates a smoke
screen.  Very useful if you're SAS, but annoying otherwise.

I would suggest the Haynes Weber carb manual.  It has no pertinent
emissions information, but is informative nonetheless.

Any more questions?  Let me know.  I'd be happy to help.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB, breathing through a Weber 32/36 downdraft (only when the Diehard
decides to work, though)