Re: Real MG's?

To: hert@wxs.nl, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Real MG's?
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 19:12:43 -0500
At 06:41 PM 3/28/98 GMT, hert@wxs.nl wrote:
>Some MG's seem to be more MG than others. The 2R6 advertised on this list
is seen
>in the mags as a Metro too, which is more to the point I guess.
>
>I just watched BBC's Top Gear. The supercharged F is fine on the outside
(for a
>showmodel), the interior is a monument of bad taste: white leather and
chrome. Next
>on was the Cheetah, a third party developed supercharged F, 207 bhp and
0-60 in 5.5.
>Great, but at GBP30.000 I'd get something without the Mazda front. Somehow
the F
>can't be turned into a mean monster, like the current Alfa GTV is. Now
there is style! I
>never see it mentioned on the list, isn't it sold in the US?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Peter
>74B>
Peter, Alfa left the U.S. two years ago. Really a shame, but they had too
low a volume to maintain a dealer network and bring in cars to U.S. specs.
I always had a soft spot for Alfas as my first sport car was a Gulietta
Spider  Veloce. Even then , in the 60's the supply of parts (which the car
always needed) and dealership was difficult.

I really never cared for the style of later sport models, but loved the
sport coupes and sedans.
Now the only Italian cars in the U.S. are the exotics.

Mike Leckstein