Re: TD Passenger Footrest

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: TD Passenger Footrest
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 07:48:12 EST
Hi Bob,
  How appropriate that you should ask!  I spent two miserable hours
yesterday trying to get the frigging footrest out of my car,
unsucessfully.  There are at least two bolts that hold it to the
firewall. They are either 5/16, 1/4, 3/16 or maybe metric or possible
some custom japanese size or US. All I learned is that it is possible to
recall all the neat words learned in the Navy years ago and that none of
the wrenches in my box will stay on the little buggers to turn them out.
They are up in the dark triangle, concealed behind the carpet, seemingly
slightly recessed below the top edge of the box. They are bright, shiny
and gleaming in their perversity, visible, touchable, but not turnable.
  At the lip that rests on the plywood, there should be three holes for
screws to fasten to the floorboards. 5/8x8 roundhead screws are/were in
there.
  When I get the thing out, later today, I'll let you know what the bolts
are, if there is a spacer, etc.  Would you like a paper pattern of the
holes? I could make one, then fax or mail it to you.
Bob