Crack of doom II

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crack of doom II
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 19:37:16 -0500
While spraying primer on my freshly-stripped doors,(79 B roadster) I
noticed a couple of cracks   on the inner panel of each.  One is on the
front edge of the door, next to the hinge pocket, where there is a gusset
spot welded.  The spot weld is the source of the crack.  The second,more
evil-looking crack is at the aft edge of the lower hinge pocket, on the
inside of the door.  It looks like the point where the end of the lower
hinge would rest.  I've never heard any reference to this type of failure.
In my case, both doors exhibit this damage, although one is somewhat more
advanced than the other.  I guess I'm lucky that I noticed them when I did,
I'd look rather silly if my door came off in my hand someday.  Should be
relatively easy to fix, I think.  Anyone else out there have any experience
with this?

Calvin Krug