RE: dashpot oil

To: "'Bill Schooler'" <schooler@erols.com>, miker15@juno.com
Subject: RE: dashpot oil
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 20:18:05 -0500
> Gotta line up behind Chip on this one.  Every time I
> see the ad in Moss Motors for the special "damper oil",
> my eyes get misty in admiration for the marketing folks
> who thought that one up.  I mean, it really appeals to
> you, doesn't it - use the "correct" stuff in those
> incredibly complex and demanding SU carbs.....beautiful.

Yep ...and don't forget the little bottle ... I'm sure
that it cost them more to manufacture that then to fill
it with the "correct" stuff (aka motor oil).  I must admit
that I just had to have one of those nifty little bottles
with SU stamped on it ... well at least its easy to refill
and it helps this OF remember what to put into carbs ... ;^)

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII