Re: 79 Midget low oil pressure warning light

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 79 Midget low oil pressure warning light
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 08:09:01 -0400
Richard -

How many miles are on those main and rod bearings?  The most common cause low
or no oil pressure in the 1500 is main and rod bearings that are worn.  The
1500 is hard on them, and it's just a good idea to replace them at about
40,000 mile intervals.  The good news is that it can be done pretty easily,
with the engine in the car (takes about an hour longer than an oil change).

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net