Re: Old parts and prices/springs/gas pump filter

To: "Eric R. Stephen" <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: Old parts and prices/springs/gas pump filter
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 17:36:12 -0400 (EDT)
        Eric in answer to your first question don't waste your money. Not
often would you need a block and as for the master cylinder and starter
since they don't work they're worthless. The ones that you have could be
rebuilt if needed. For your second question, the gas should not pour out
when replace the filter. In oprder for the gas to leave the tank it
needs to be pumped out. As far as the sawing of the bolt the simplist way
to remove it would have been with an angle grinder. I've mentioned the
Harbor Freight $19 dollar grinder before. After spending 1/2 day
trying to removed a seized bolt I took the grinder and with a cut off disk
removed it in under 60 seconds. The bolt was 5/8 hardened steel but the
cutter went through it like butter.
...Art