Windscreen leaks

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Windscreen leaks
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 08:52:21 EDT
So long as I'm asking questions, where are the most common spots for
leaks around the windscreen, cowl, etc, on a '79 Midget?

Miss Molly likes to leak after being washed and when it rains.  I know
where the leaks are in the convertible top and will be repairing those
(refuse to buy a new one because, hey, it's supposed to be down
anyway...), but suspect that she is leaking somewhere around the
windscreen frame, frame mounts, or somewhere else.

Does Permatex clear windshield weather sealing compound work well for
this, or should I just apply some silicone judiciously?

Thanks!

Rich