'70 GT - Tie Rod Ball Joints & Electrical Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '70 GT - Tie Rod Ball Joints & Electrical Questions
From: Gary Davis <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 10:17:32 -0600
Greetings . . . .

1.  Because the tie rod ball joint boots were trashed when I got my car, I
intend to replace them (I.e., tie rod ball joints) in the near future (parts are
ordered).  Manuals suggest replacing the whole enchilada if the boots
are torn so that's where I'm headed.  Any advice before I dive in.  I've
read Haynes and Bentley and it seems fairly straight forward.  Please
help me from making a major screw-up.

2.  I disconnected the "door open" buzzer the other day at the door
switch.  Now my horn and dome light don't work.  These are the obvious
things that don't work following the disconnection - there may be other
less-obvious problems.  Are the door buzzer, horn, and dome light
connected in a series or do I have other less obvious electrical
problems?  All three worked a few days ago.  Suggestions?

Thanks for all of your help on this and previous issues - Gary Davis