Re: BOESHIELD T-9

To: larry.g.unger@lmco.com
Subject: Re: BOESHIELD T-9
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 00:06:15 EDT

> >From the latest Griot's catalog ...
>
>       T-9, The Last Word in "Wonder Sprays"
>       T-9 was developed by the Boeing Aircraft Company to
>       protect their parts from corrosion between initial
>       manufacturing and final assembly.  Spray into your
>       cylinder chamber (via the spark plug hole) before
>       you store your car and protect the cylinder walls
>       from corrosion.  Use it around sophisticated
>       electronics where stubborn electrical problems
>       persist.  Spray in electrical terminals before
>       assembly for better contact and corrosion protection.
>       Rusted fastners?  Using it as a penetrant works
>       incredibly well!  Leaves behind a thin, waxy,
>       protective film after the penetrant has disappered.
>       Keeps parts, engines and sophisticated electrical
>       equipment protected from wet, corrosive environments.
>
>  ... anyone ever heard of/used this stuff?

Larry:

I bought a can of this stuff along with a can of Griot's Body Cavity Wax. The
T-9 stuff flows and penetrates like crazy after you spray it. It drys to a
thin slightly sticky consistency. The Body Cavity Wax doesn't spread nearly as
well and dries much harder than T-9 or Waxoyl. As a test I treated three
pieces of steel wool with T-9, Body Cavity Wax, and Waxoyl. I put each in a
container of salt water. (This will eat out an untreated piece of steel wool
over night.) After several weeks, the T-9 is winning and Waxoyl is in second
place.

I am really impressed with T-9. It penetrates so well I started using it in
place of Liquid Wrench on rusty nuts & bolts. I think it probably seeps into
seams better than Waxoyl. I plan on using T-9 along with Waxoyl to rustproof
my B this summer. The aerosol can should be more convenient in tight nooks and
cranies than the Waxoyl applicator.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336