Re: Noisy CB in my TD

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Noisy CB in my TD
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 10:18:42 -0500
ROBERT G. HOWARD wrote:

>  It's still not crystal clear, but it's better. Please pass along any
> better ideas you acquire.
> Bob

I have the $100 Radio Shack handheld, battery powered, CB radio. I also
bought the mike/speaker attachment that clips to your collar and places the
speaker close to your ear (makes a big difference). Also, an adapter mates
the CB to my external magnetic mount antenna.

As it is powered by its own batteries, that is pretty much all the isolation
you can get. Things have improved on the new CBs as the batteries will now
last quite a long time. Easily through a 4 or 5 day trip when you spend most
of your time merely listening.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69C/GT still down, '75TR6 goes everywhere
"Unix assumes users are intelligent. Microsoft assumes they're idiots. Ol'
Billy wins again!"